Lonza Specialty Ingredients
(Bain Capital & Cinven)
- We offer highly tailored and relevant buyside support and advice
- We leverage off an extensive global network built over two decades
- We evaluate buy-and-build potential offering global access through Mergers Alliance
We employed these capabilities when we advised Bain Capital and Cinven on their CHF 4.2bn joint acquisition of Lonza’s Specialty Ingredients business.
- Company Profile
- Transaction Background
Bain Capital and Cinven are global Private Equity firms, both with substantial experience and expertise within the chemical sector.
The target, Lonza’s Specialty Ingredients business, is a provider of specialty chemicals for microbial control solutions based at a production facility in Switzerland. Its products are used in disinfectants, preservatives, personal care products, coatings and other industrial applications.
- Lonza launched a competitive auction of its Specialty Ingredients business in 2020
- In particular, Opus assisted its clients on their evaluation of Lonza Specialty Ingredients as a platform for consolidation within the highly attractive microbial control sector