Terms & Conditions
Website Terms & Conditions
By accessing this website you hereby agree that:
Use of the website
The entire content of this website is subject to copyright with all rights reserved. You may not reproduce (in whole or in part), transmit (by electronic means or otherwise), modify, link into or use for any public or commercial purpose any of the information contained on this website without the prior written consent of Opus Corporate Finance LLP (“Opus”).
Nothing on this website should be construed as a solicitation or offer, or recommendation, to provide investment services or advice to acquire or dispose of any investment or to engage in any other transaction.
While Opus has used all reasonable efforts to obtain information from sources which it believes to be reliable, Opus makes no representation, express or implied, that the information or opinions contained on this website are accurate, reliable, complete or up-to-date. Nothing contained on the website constitutes investment, legal, tax or other advice nor is it to be relied on in making an investment or other decision. You should obtain relevant and specific professional advice before making any investment decision.
Availability and security
Opus does not guarantee that this website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Opus may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of this website for business and/or operational reasons. You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access this website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms & Conditions and that they comply with them.
Opus does not guarantee that this website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform to access this website. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse this website by knowingly introducing any material that is malicious or harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this website, the server on which this website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this website. You must not attack this website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
Exclusion of liability
Opus does not exclude or limit its liability where it would be unlawful to do so. However, where legally possible, Opus shall have no liability, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage arising from loss of profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of (or inability to make use of) this website.
You may leave this website by accessing the links on it. Opus has not reviewed any of the websites linked to this website and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content of such website nor the products, services or other items offered through such websites.
Local legal restrictions
This website is not directed to any person in any jurisdiction where (by reason of that person’s nationality, residence or otherwise) the publication or availability of this website is prohibited. Persons in respect of whom such prohibitions apply must not access this website.
Issued by Opus Corporate Finance LLP, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered Office 1 Carey Lane, London, EC2V 8AE. Registered in England and Wales Number OC324433. To contact us, please email [email@example.com].
Changes to these Terms & Conditions
Opus amends these Terms & Conditions from time to time. Every time you wish to use this website, please check these Terms & Conditions to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 2nd September 2021.
These Terms & Conditions, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. Opus and you both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes hereunder.
Last reviewed: July 2021
This privacy statement explains what information we gather about you, what we use that information for and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries.
Please read this privacy statement carefully. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to our processing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
In this privacy statement “Data Protection Legislation” means any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data and/or privacy including, without limitation, the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR.
Information about us
In this privacy statement, references to “we”, “us”, “our” are references to Opus Corporate Finance LLP, a registered limited liability partnership in England (registered no. OC324433) with registered address 1 Carey Lane, London, EC2V 8AE. We are the controller for the purposes of Data Protection Legislation.
Collection of information about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website, submitting any job application or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, enter a survey and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial information, personal description and photograph.
- Technical information when you visit our website, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, geographical location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. Please see the paragraph “Cookies” below for more information.
[We do not collect any “special categories” of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.]
How we use your information
When you provide personal information to us, we may use it for any of the purposes described in this privacy statement or as stated at the point of collection (or as otherwise permitted by law), including:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to process and acknowledge any job application that you may make;
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We will not use your personal information for automated decision making processes.
Legal basis for processing your information
We rely on one or more of the following processing conditions in order to process your personal information:
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our businesses (provided these do not interfere with your rights);
- to satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject;
- where no other condition for processing is available, if you have agreed to us processing your personal information for the relevant purpose.
We may process your personal information on more than one of the grounds listed above, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your information. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal information.
Sharing of information
We may disclose your personal information to our employees, officers, insurers or professional advisers as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy statement.
Your personal information may be transferred to third party service providers who process information on our behalf, including providers of information technology, identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services. The third party providers may use their own third party subcontractors that have access to personal data.
We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, regulatory, or other government agencies or to other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Your personal data will not be transferred to countries or territories outside the UK and the European Economic Area.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information only as it is required for the purposes for which it was collected, or as required to do so by law, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the information, the purposes for which we process the information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
[Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are available in our retention policy which you can request by contacting us.]
Where we are legally required to obtain your explicit consent to provide you with marketing materials, we will only issue you with such marketing materials if you have provided consent for us to do so.
[If you have elected to do so, you will receive automated emails when [website] content is updated.] If you opt into any newsletters, you will receive emails known as newsletters. If you select any preferences such as issues, topics, subjects or industries, you may receive email communications related to those self-selected topics.
Unsubscribing from marketing
If you want to unsubscribe from mailing lists or any marketing, you should look for and follow the instructions we have provided within the appropriate area(s) of the website or in the relevant communications to you.
If you do not wish to receive emails or marketing communications from us, you can contact us at any time to request that such communications cease. If you choose to unsubscribe from any or all mailings, we shall cease to issue the relevant marketing communications to you but may retain your personal information as described under the heading “Retention of personal information” above.
Rights in relation to your information
You may have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
- request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information;
- object to our processing of your personal information;
- request the transfer of your personal information to you or a third party; and/or
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us using the details set out at the end of this privacy statement. You will not usually have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Security of personal information
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorised persons are provided access to personal information collected via the website; such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the Internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavour to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to or by us.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit, if you agree. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|This cookie [is essential for our site to OR enables us to]:
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 1 Year.
Failure to provide personal information
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
If you have any questions or complaints about this privacy statement or the way your personal information is processed on the website, or would like to exercise one of your rights set out above, please contact us by one of the following means:
Post: 1 Carey Lane, London, EC2V 8AE
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection regulator.
We may update this privacy statement at any time by publishing an updated version here. To ensure you are aware of when we make changes to this privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended privacy statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to review this privacy statement periodically to be informed about how we are protecting your information.