Spring 2021 Update
Category: Company Update
Our success is built on the relationships we hold and Opus stays closely in touch with its clients to anticipate and support their needs. This embedded client-focused culture has provided a robust business platform during the pandemic period and ensured that we have maintained our strategic momentum and a high level of activity over the last 12 months.
During this period we have continued to recruit and the Opus team now comprises 22 professionals.
Opus has closed important transactions in each of its core sectors:
Energy Transition & Climate Change
- Advised Ecotricity on its new partnership with GRIDSERVE, which will accelerate the upgrade of Ecotricity’s electric vehicle charging network, the Electric Highway. GRIDSERVE has also acquired a 25% stake in the Electric Highway.
- Advised Eelpower on its battery storage partnership with SUSI. This involved the sale to SUSI of 40MW of Eelpower’s existing electricity storage assets and a partnership to construct and operate new build assets.
- Advised Carbon Clean Solutions (CCSL) on raising a total of $22m of growth capital from a number of global investors. CCSL is a global leader in low-cost carbon dioxide (CO2) separation technology.
- Advised PiP on its sale to Foresight Group. PiP is a UK infrastructure asset manager with £700m+ NAV and a portfolio of 17 assets in Renewable Energy, Social and Transport sectors.
Chemicals & Ingredients
- Advised AEA Investors on its acquisition of Verdesian Life Sciences, a leading US agrochemicals platform that develops biological, nutritional, fertilizer enhancers, seed treatment and inoculant technologies.
- Advised Bain Capital and Cinven on their CHF 4.2bn joint acquisition of Lonza’s Specialty Ingredients business, which is a provider of specialty chemicals for microbial control solutions.
Industrial Technologies & Services / The Built Environment
- Advised DEXMA on its sale to Nemetschek. DEXMA, based in Spain, provides energy management and air quality software for large, commercial real estate portfolios offered on a SaaS basis.
We also continue to work closely with entrepreneur owner managers in achieving their funding and exit goals:
- Advised VetUK on its sale to VetPartners. VetUK is one of the UK’s biggest online suppliers of pet care products including toys, accessories, pet food, OTC pet treatments and veterinary prescription medicines.
Rapidly changing markets create challenge and opportunity in equal measure. Opus is thriving in this environment, applying the deep experience and exceptional quality of our team to achieve outstanding outcomes for our clients. We look forward to the next 12 months and all that we will continue to achieve together.