- We are committed to providing best advice and delivering the right outcome for our clients
- We are experienced in managing cross-border transactions
- We offer deep sector insights, bringing together our expertise in Sustainability with our focuses on Industrial Technologies and the Built Environment
We employed these capabilities when we advised DEXMA on its sale to Nemetschek.
- Company Profile
- Transaction Background
- What We Did
DEXMA was founded in 2007 and is based in Barcelona. The company leads the market in applying Artificial Intelligence to energy management in commercial real estate portfolios.
Using their database of 70,000+ buildings, DEXMA offer software which is able to benchmark energy consumption, identify outliers, and produce sophisticated energy efficiency proposals that are easy to understand, prioritise, and act upon.
- DEXMA’s objective was to maximise the deployment and impact of their technology, and accelerate reduction in carbon generated by commercial real estate
- To achieve this, the company was seeking new, strategic ownership giving access to larger distribution channels, sales resources and cross-selling opportunities
- We managed an international, competitive process, which identified strong interest from strategic counterparts across building control and energy hardware, software and services businesses
- The result was a successful sale to Nemetschek, which offered strong alignment to DEXMA in terms of product offer and client base
- Access to greater distribution will deliver the company’s strategic growth aspirations