- We are experienced in managing fund raising processes
- We bring strong international relationships from across the energy transition space
- Our deep understanding of investor requirements enables us to help shape investment propositions and deliver successful transactions
We employed these capabilities when we advised Eelpower in connection with establishing a new partnership with SUSI Partners, a Switzerland-based infrastructure investment firm. This was a first-of-a-kind transaction in the UK.
- Company Profile
- Transaction Background
- What We Did
Based in the UK, Eelpower builds, owns and operates grid-scale battery storage assets. It plans to build over 1GW of grid-connected storage by year end 2022. The company is led by a management team with extensive experience in renewable energy.
- Eelpower wanted to access institutional capital for the first time in order to rapidly expand its platform of battery storage assets
- Battery storage was an emerging asset class in the UK at the time, and relatively unfamiliar to most potential investors
- We worked with management to articulate in detail the investment characteristics of battery storage assets in the UK
- We approached a broad international audience of financial and strategic funding partners, educating counterparties on the UK battery storage market and the attractions of working with Eelpower
- We also worked closely with the company to optimise project-level contracting structures to best support infrastructure capital
- Successful transaction involving the sale to SUSI of 40MW of Eelpower’s existing storage assets and the establishment of a partnership to construct and operate a pipeline of new assets
- Each of the assets will benefit from innovative route to market contracts with major UK utilities, including Centrica