Low Carbon Workplace
- Long term relationships with core clients to build a deep understanding of objectives and needs
- Close involvement with new projects from inception to advise and shape deliverable transactions
- Experience and technical capability to deliver outcomes
We employed these capabilities when we advised Carbon Trust on the formation of Low Carbon Workplace management company and associated fund.
- Company Profile
- Transaction Background
- What We Did
Low Carbon Workplace contributes low carbon design advice for refurbishments, coordinates the Low Carbon Workplace Standard and provides ongoing low-carbon assistance to occupiers under the Low Carbon Workplace Charter.
- Carbon Trust had identified potential partners to support its development and fund objectives for the Low Carbon Workplace project
- The objective was to create a meaningful capital participation for Carbon Trust in the Low Carbon Workplace project in return for Carbon Trust know how and brand enhancement
- Working with the Carbon Trust team, Opus developed the economic framework and returns analysis to propose to potential third party funders / partners
- Opus supported Carbon Trust in the negotiation of the detailed terms and structure with preferred partners (Columbia Threadneedle and Stanhope
- Launched in 2010, Low Carbon Workplace was in the vanguard of energy efficient development and regeneration
- The underlying fund has performed strongly vindicating the expectation of increased yields form certificated low energy buildings