Verdesian Life Sciences
- We provide highly tailored buyside support and advice
- We leverage our extensive global network
- We evaluate M&A growth potential
We employed these capabilities when we advised AEA Investors on its acquisition of Verdesian Life Sciences.
- Company Profile
- Transaction Background
AEA is a global private investment firm with over $15 billion assets under management, headquartered in New York.
The target, Verdesian Life Sciences, is a leading US agrochemicals platform that develops patented biological and nutritional fertilizer enhancers, seed treatment and inoculant technologies for high-value specialty crops, row crops, and turf and ornamental markets. Verdesian’s products promote sustainable agricultural practices by improving nutrient uptake and reducing the need for conventional chemicals.
- Paine Schwartz Partners launched the competitive sale process of Verdesian in Q4 2020
- Verdesian is a uniquely positioned business in the NAFTA bio/specialty fertilizer space
- Opus assisted AEA on their evaluation of Verdesian as a platform for acquisition-led growth within this highly attractive sector