The Cambridge Strategy
- We have extensive knowledge of currency and broader asset management sector
- We are experienced in handling complex corporate ownership structures
- We offer an open approach to multiple transaction solutions and earn-out arrangements
We employed these capabilities when we advised The Cambridge Strategy (TCS) on its sale to Mesirow Financial.
- Company Profile
- Transaction Background
- What We Did
The Cambridge Strategy (TCS) is an institutional asset management firm with a core focus on currency strategies and emerging markets established in 2003. At the time of the transaction the firm had $3bn in AUM.
- TCS was seeking a partner that would understand the specific asset class and be able to leverage the opportunity to scale via global distribution channels
- Combined with the right partner, TCS was aiming to diversify into complementary currency strategies
- Worked with TCS to identify the key characteristics that they were seeking in a partner and used a data-led and proactive approach to select suitable counterparties
- We spent time with TCS to understand their business, which enabled us to prepare marketing materials that highlighted their strengths effectively
- Through our process, we sourced multiple appropriate partners, of which Mesirow Financial was identified as the counterparty most aligned with the long-term objectives of TCS
- Mutually rewarding outcome for both parties, providing an optimal partner for TCS and helping Mesirow to expand its currency offering