Pensions Infrastructure Platform
- We take time to understand stakeholder objectives and are experienced in managing multiple interests
- We provide choice by bringing a range of relevant counterparties to the opportunity
- Aligned with your strategic goals, we have deep knowledge of the asset management and sustainability sectors
We employed these capabilities when we advised PiP on its sale to Foresight.
- Company Profile
- Transaction Background
- What We Did
Pensions Infrastructure Platform (PiP) is a UK infrastructure asset manager with a net asset value of over £700m and a portfolio of 17 assets across the Renewable Energy, Social and Transport sectors.
Founded in 2013 under the leadership of the Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association and backed by five major UK pension schemes, PiP’s purpose is to enable pension fund managers to invest more in UK infrastructure.
- The PiP board was searching for a new owner to support the company in its next phase of growth
- With many stakeholders involved in PiP, there were multiple interests to be represented
- Throughout the transaction, we understood the perspectives of all stakeholders and helped to coordinate them with the best outcome in mind
- We managed a competitive process and used our relationships to introduce relevant counterparties
- Our process identified Foresight as the optimal partner to support PiP
- The result was a successful transaction providing greater resources for PiP to grow and wider infrastructure exposure for Foresight